Information about 5G
What is 5G? and what is the major difference between 4G (LTE) and 5G?
As the users for the internet are growing day by day their is a severe need for the fastest network possible.
The next-generation wireless network addresses the evolution beyond mobile internet to massive loT
(Internet of Things) from 2019/2020 onwards. The major evolve over previous networks like 4G and 4.5G (LTE advanced) is the network speed improvements. The new loT and critical communication use cases will require new types of improved performance. For example, "low latency" is what provides real-time interactivity for services using the cloud: this is key to the success of self-driving cars for example. Also, low power consumption is what will allow connected objects to operate for months or years without the need for human assistance.
5G technology is driven by 7 specification requirements :
- 1-millisecond latency
- Up to 10Gbps data rate - 10 to 100x improvement over 4G and 4.5G
- 1000x bandwidth per unit area
- Up to 100x number of connected devices per unit area (compared with 4G LTE)
- 99.999% availability
- 100% coverage
- 90% reduction in network energy usage
- Up to 10-year battery life for low power loT devices
How fast is 5G?
5G will substantially improve the mobile internet. LTE is currently the fastest mobile technology available, supporting peak data rates up to 300 Mbps, but it is said that the 5G network will be able to support up to 10 gigabytes per second (Gbps).
When 5G is coming?
- ITU-R launched "IMT for 2020 beyond" in 2012, setting the stage for 5G
- Japan and Korea started to work on 5G requirements in 2013
- NTT Docomo did first 5G experimental trials in 2014
- Samsung, Huawei and Ericsson started prototype development in 2013
- Japan target is to launch 5G for the year 2020 in Tokyo summer Olympics
5G what does it mean for consumer?
5G for consumers means not just faster mobile internet, but mainly internet connectivity in many more objects than what you see today. The car and the house are two examples of the big loT revolution coming ahead, supported by 5G networks.
How will 5G impact roaming?
While travelling abroad, 5G users will able to seamlessly enjoy 5G roaming on visited networks. Fall back to 3G-4G is gauranteed.
What low latency means ?
Latency is the period of time between instructing a machine to perform a command and its execution.
The lowest it is, the better it can provide significant improvements in user experience perception.
If you enjoyed reading "5G | Information about 5G" than please share it with your friends and family.
If you want to know more about 5G technology than please let me know in the comments below.
Stay tuned for more.